Wednesday 27 May 2020

Hello from my studio








Greetings girls from a corner of my studio today.  

Before I update your gallery this week I thought you would find it of interest to see what I have been doing in the studio.  Here we are looking at trees in a forest in mid winter, painted in oils. 

As you learned at an earlier class snow is never 'just' white, it reflects everything that is around it and also the temperature too. 

 For this painting I used a limited palette of Shale, Phthalocyanine Turquoise, raw titanium bluff and transparent earth red by Gamblin, flesh tint by Michael Harding. Chromatic black and titanium white (also Gamblin). I wanted to keep the tree trunks and branches transparent.  The Shale and Chromatic black are transparent.  The use of the turquoise and the flesh tint with transparent earth red  has made the scene a little different to the usual cold colours we may find in a snowy landscape. I also used small brush, 0 for the small branches.Other brushes were a size 1 and 4.  Canvas board size is 10 x 12 inches. I used a gel medium by Gamblin to paint with. 
I hope you enjoy seeing my winter tree painting on such a sunny Spring time!









I will update your gallery soon girls. Enjoy the beautiful weather we are having in our gardens!



No comments:

Post a Comment